BCM4321 support

Nicolas de Pesloüan nicolas.2p.debian at free.fr
Mon Aug 29 17:42:39 EDT 2011

Le 29/08/2011 18:36, Larry Finger a écrit :

> If your distro is Debian-based, those simple commands may not work, but someone on the list will
> tell us how the do it. I don't think that long process of building a ".deb" file is needed.

The clean way is make deb-pkg from the root of the kernel tree. It will build whatever need to be
build (normal build), then build several .deb files you can install using dpkg -i. The normal build
takes "normal build time", but building the .deb files takes several minutes. I don't consider this
a problem, but...

The fastest way is to simply make, then copy the changed modules into /lib/modules/..., but from a
debian point of view, it is very dirty.

HTH.

	Nicolas.