[QUESTION] 4331 support

Maxime Vincent maxime.vince at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 07:16:32 EDT 2011

Dear b43-list,

I'm sorry if this is a noobish question, or asking this kind of questions is
not done.
I'm not really familiar with dev mailing lists.
I'm new to kernel development, not new to linux.

I was wondering what the status of support for the 4331 wifi chipset was?
As I can see there's already quite some code for the 4331 chipset, but I
can't really make up from that if it's supposed to work or not, or maybe
partially?

I have compiled latest linux-next kernel including the b43 driver, extracted
firmware, but I can't seem to see an interface registering.
Only thing I can see in dmesg:
Broadcom 43xx driver loaded [ Features: PMNLS, Firmware-ID:  FW13 ]

Whereafter I expect it to load the firmware from /lib/firmware, but it
doesn't...

I'm running Arch Linux, with latest linux-next git kernel on a recent
Macbook Pro 8,1

I'm willing to help with anything that can help the development of this
driver.
Many thanks for any info you can provide me with!

Maxime Vincent