bizarre network problem on kernel 6.6.4

Fourhundred Thecat 400thecat at ik.me
Tue Dec 5 08:43:21 PST 2023

On 05/12/2023 13.11, Kalle Valo wrote:
> Fourhundred Thecat <400thecat at ik.me> writes:
>
>> I have the most bizarre network problem on my laptop that I have ever
>> seen, and I don't even know where to start:
>>
>> This is lenovo T14s Gen 4, using qualcomm driver ath11k_pci
>>
>> Previously I was using kernel 6.6.1 and wireless network was working fine.
>>
>> Now I compiled kernel 6.6.4 with identical config, and when I boot it,
>> wireless network does not work:
>
> Did you verify that booting back to 6.6.1 fixes the problem? That would
> rule out that this isn't due to some external reasons (user space or
> network)
>
> If you can verify that 6.6.1 always works and 6.6.4 always fails I would
> just try to git bisect the issue. It shouldn't take too long.

yes. I verified multiple times that 6.6.1 works, and 6.6.4 has this problem.

I am not really familiar with git bisect, and I am also not a kernel
developer.

But I tried checking out linux kernel git repository, switched to tag
6.6. and looked inside drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath11k trying to spot
any change. But git log shows last change on 2023-08-30, whereas kernel
6.6.4 was released few days ago