bizarre network problem on kernel 6.6.4

Kalle Valo kvalo at kernel.org
Tue Dec 5 04:11:58 PST 2023

Fourhundred Thecat <400thecat at ik.me> writes:

> I have the most bizarre network problem on my laptop that I have ever
> seen, and I don't even know where to start:
>
> This is lenovo T14s Gen 4, using qualcomm driver ath11k_pci
>
> Previously I was using kernel 6.6.1 and wireless network was working fine.
>
> Now I compiled kernel 6.6.4 with identical config, and when I boot it,
> wireless network does not work:

Did you verify that booting back to 6.6.1 fixes the problem? That would
rule out that this isn't due to some external reasons (user space or
network)

If you can verify that 6.6.1 always works and 6.6.4 always fails I would
just try to git bisect the issue. It shouldn't take too long.

--
https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/linux-wireless/list/

https://wireless.wiki.kernel.org/en/developers/documentation/submittingpatches