Revert: ath: add support for special 0x0 regulatory domain

Brian Norris briannorris at chromium.org
Tue Mar 29 14:06:40 PDT 2022

On Tue, Aug 24, 2021 at 1:00 AM Alvin Šipraga <ALSI at bang-olufsen.dk> wrote:
> Numerous people - myself included - have cited sources clearly
> indicating that 0x0 = US, NOT unset. See the same post[1] for more info.
>
> I still think this patch should be reverted unless somebody can provide
> a source to the contrary, re: the meaning of 0x0.
>
> It's unfortunate that this is still affecting users, particularly when
> the original author of the patch even asked for it to be reverted.[2]

FYI, my revert was recently merged to Linus's tree and is making its
way into various -stable trees:

https://git.kernel.org/linus/1ec7ed5163c70a0d040150d2279f932c7e7c143f

Side note: it's a small shame that Kalle's scripts seem to have munged
the authorship date -- git thinks it was authored in 2022, when in
fact it was in 2020 ;)

Regards,
Brian