[RFC 2/7] ath10k: Add support to process rx packet in thread

Brian Norris briannorris at chromium.org
Tue Mar 23 01:20:58 GMT 2021

On Mon, Mar 22, 2021 at 4:58 PM Ben Greear <greearb at candelatech.com> wrote:
> On 7/22/20 6:00 AM, Felix Fietkau wrote:

> >> Would this be *after* all the mac80211 processing, i.e. in place of the
> >> rx-up-to-stack?
> > Yes, it would run all the rx handlers normally and then put the
> > resulting skbs into a list instead of calling netif_receive_skb or
> > napi_gro_frags.
>
> Whatever came of this?  I realized I'm running Felix's patch since his mt76
> driver needs it.  Any chance it will go upstream?

If you're asking about $subject (moving NAPI/RX to a thread), this
landed upstream recently:
http://git.kernel.org/linus/adbb4fb028452b1b0488a1a7b66ab856cdf20715

It needs a bit of coaxing to work on a WiFi driver (including: WiFi
drivers tend to have a different netdev for NAPI than they expose to
/sys/class/net/), but it's there.

I'm not sure if people had something else in mind in the stuff you're
quoting though.

Brian