Revert: ath: add support for special 0x0 regulatory domain

Brian Norris briannorris at chromium.org
Mon Aug 23 14:06:39 PDT 2021

On Mon, Aug 23, 2021 at 1:19 PM Andrey Skvortsov
<andrej.skvortzov at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 21-08-23 10:23, Brian Norris wrote:
> > Maybe it needs an Nth person to submit a revert?
>
> Later (Dec 23, 2020) said "Actually I don't see how I could apply the
> revert due to the regulatory problems explained by Jouni". [1]
> I think this could be the date when your patch was marked as Rejected.
>
> 1. http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/ath10k/2020-December/012370.html

Oh wow, I almost forgot about that... Too many threads. I also forgot
that I already replied, expressing my disagreement:
http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/ath10k/2020-December/012372.html

But I guess it's not really expected that mainline Linux really works
as-is on most products, unfortunately, and the maintainers don't have
enough time or energy to provide constructive paths forward on real
issues like this :(

Brian