[RFC 1/2] nl80211: add common API to configure SAR power limitations.

Brian Norris briannorris at chromium.org
Wed Nov 4 12:48:43 EST 2020

On Wed, Nov 4, 2020 at 12:44 AM Carl Huang <cjhuang at codeaurora.org> wrote:
> On 2020-09-28 20:36, Johannes Berg wrote:
> > On Tue, 2020-09-22 at 13:49 +0800, Carl Huang wrote:
> >> +struct cfg80211_sar_freq_ranges {
> >> +    u8 index;
> >
> > Does an index here make sense?
> >
> With agreement from Google, it's OK to remove it.

I'm not sure "Google" is the arbiter of the nl80211 API, even if we
are the current planned users ;)

But I think I agree with Johannes, that given the other plans (user
space must send all bands all the time; dropping the "apply to all
bands" support), an index isn't really necessary in either the user
space API or the internal representation handed down to drivers. All
bands should be specified, in order.

Brian