skb_cb corruption in ath10k

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Mon Dec 21 18:55:32 EST 2020

Hello,

I'm trying to figure out what changed in the last few kernels that is making:

struct ieee80211_tx_info *info = IEEE80211_SKB_CB(skb);
if (info->control.flags & IEEE80211_TX_CTRL_RATE_INJECT)
	/* why is code here all of a sudden */

in data frames in ath10k,
when, to the best of my knowledge, nothing should be setting that up in the stack.

My guess is that something is stepping on the cb field somewhere in ath10k,
but I am not sure where that might be at this point.

And it also appears mac80211 or maybe supplicant is setting the rate-inject flag on some mgt frames,
but I think that is a separate concern at this point.

If anyone has any ideas of likely points, please let me know.