min 3dBm Tx power for WLM200NX card

KAVITA MATHUR kavitam at cdot.in
Fri May 12 00:15:13 PDT 2017

Hi,

When I set 0dBm txpower using iwconfig command in WLM200NX card, it sets 3dBm. I
understand that tx power is calibrated and ath9k driver is taking this value from EEPROM.

I would like to understand, why the min tx power is calibrated to 3dBm?

My NFC WLM200NX supports Tx power from 0dBm to 20dBm as per attached data sheet.

Please let me know if you know any specific reason for this.

Thanks is advance,

Regards,
Kavita

Thanks & Regards,
कविता माथुर Kavita Mathur
वरिष्ठ अनुसंधान अभियंता  Senior Research Engineer
सी-डॉट                      C-DOT
इलैक्ट्रॉनिक्स सिटी फेज़ I         Electronics City Phase I
होसूर रोड, बेंगलूरु               Hosur Road, Bengaluru – 560100
फोन  Ph 080-28529896
Disclaimer:
This email and any files transmitted with it