Why does the driver configure only 2 keys per peer?

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Fri Mar 18 13:25:58 PDT 2016

For instance:

#define TARGET_10_4_NUM_PEER_KEYS		2

But, there are 4 key-ids, and so the driver can attempt to allocate 3 per peer.

Now, the self-peer probably only has one key ever (and that is blank key),
but that still averages to 5 per vdev (when vdev has 2 peers), and if AP peers can have more than 2
keys, then the average is even worse for them.

In 10.1, I ended up using '4' instead of 2.

I guess I'm about to repeat that change for 10.4 firmware.

But, I'm curious why someone thought 2 was OK to begin with?