ath10k firmware crashes in mesh mode on QCA9880

Manoharan, Rajkumar rmanohar at qca.qualcomm.com
Tue Dec 13 15:51:32 PST 2016

> Tested the 10.2.4.70.59-2 firmware and wpa_supplicant running WITHOUT
> encryption and it still crashes. I suspect this means wpa_supplicant is setting up
> the interface incorrectly and/or transmitting a malformed packet that is causing
> the driver to crash.

Ben,

IIRC mesh support was validated in qca988x in VHT mode while ago.  Either it could
be regression in driver/fw or lede mac80211 package.

1) Could you please try plain backports in lede w/o applying ath10k patches.
     I do see 160MHz support in LEDE.
2) There are some peer stats dump from your earlier log. Disable peer stats
     by "peer_stats" debugfs.
3) Please confirm the behavior with older firmware revisions.
4) use iw to bring up open mesh to rule out wpa_s config

-Rajkumar