Sending lldp packets with ath10k in ADHOC mode

Jorge Baranda jbaranda at cttc.es
Fri Sep 25 01:03:14 PDT 2015

Dear all,

I upload a wireshark capture to illustrate the behavior previously
described. This wireshark is showing the traffic in the "master" computer.
It is suppossed that both interfaces should be sending periodicall LLDP
packets (with broadcast mac dst addr), but only the one configured in AP
mode is sending such packets.
However, when I try to look for a host through the interface configure
in ad-hoc, the ARP process starts with the broadcast ARP request and
this message is sent (and registered bywireshark) through the interface
configure in  ad-hoc. Does the ath10k driver has to do something with
the different treatment of the broadcast packets/protocols?
Aparently, all broadcast packets should be sent by the wireless
interface no matter its configuration (AP or ad-hoc), isn't it?

Thanks in advance,

Jorge

--
Jorge Baranda
Research Engineer, MSc
jorge.baranda at cttc.es

Centre Tecnològic de Telecomunicacions de Catalunya (CTTC)
Av. Carl Friedrich Gauss, 7
08860 Castelldefels, Barcelona (Spain)
Tel: +34 93 645 29 00  Ext: 2171
Fax. +34 93 645 29 01