QCA6164 txbf failure

Andrew C. Dingman andrew at dingman.org
Mon Oct 5 07:38:49 PDT 2015

It looks like the QCA6164 in my Lenovo Yoga 3 11" has problems with
txbf. I'm using Fedora with a 4.3.0-rc3 kernel from Koji. (A
development build system - it's not a released kernel)

Using firmware from https://github.com/kvalo/ath10k-firmware.git except
for the board.bin, which came https://github.com/atondwal/ath10k-firmwa
re.git. Specifically, to get the card to boot I ran "sudo cp
ath10k/QCA6164/hw2.1/board.bin
/lib/firmware/ath10k/QCA6174/hw2.1/board-pci-168c:0041:17aa:3545.bin"
from the latter git repo.

Using the unmodified 4.3 kernel above, this allowed the card to be
recognized, and even report successful authentication and association
to an access point in dmesg. However, it never completed a connection,
and scanning access points failed.

Based on the dmesg output, michalk in IRC suggested that I try applying
the patch from http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/ath10k/2015-August/
005909.html. With that change, the device seems to work fine.

-Andrew