TX-Power limits for ath10k based card on Linux 3.18.24 (offlist)

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Wed Nov 18 08:59:46 PST 2015

On 11/18/2015 01:01 AM, Joerg Pommnitz wrote:
> Michael, Ben,
> thanks for the illuminating answers. From Michaels latest reply I gather that the hardware is actually capable of transmitting with full power on a single chain/antenna, but that the current firmware or driver limits the tx power on a single chain in a way that makes sure that the combined tx power of all available chains is within the regulatory limits. Is this correct?
> What would it take to enable full tx power for a single chain?

My firmware should at least ask the hardware to transmit at full requested power
on a single chain when using legacy rates (or 1x1 HT/VHT rates).

I think you need to test with fixed rates so that you know what
rate you are sending, and make sure you are 99%+ duty cycle so that
you can trust your measurement tools...