TX-Power limits for ath10k based card on Linux 3.18.24 (offlist)

Joerg Pommnitz pommnitz at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 18 01:01:14 PST 2015

Michael, Ben,
thanks for the illuminating answers. From Michaels latest reply I gather that the hardware is actually capable of transmitting with full power on a single chain/antenna, but that the current firmware or driver limits the tx power on a single chain in a way that makes sure that the combined tx power of all available chains is within the regulatory limits. Is this correct?
What would it take to enable full tx power for a single chain?

 -- Regards       Joerg