First QCA6174 firmware release

Austin Hendrix legotown at aol.com
Mon Feb 9 02:14:36 PST 2015

I have the same issue as Joris; my QCA6174 appears to be a hw2.1
version. lspci -vvv returns similar results.

The wireless card is a " Killer N1525 Combo (2x2 ac)", in an MSI GS60
Ghost Pro 4K laptop; purchased in January of 2015.

Similar to Joris, I've also found what appears to be firmware as part of
the existing Windows installation, but it looks like it's missing the
header information and magic bits that will allow it to load.

Does anyone have any pointers on how I might go about confirming that
this is the correct firmware; preparing it for the ath10k driver with
the appropriate header, and preparing the matching board.bin file?

Thanks,
-Austin