How to access the CCA related operation

Seowoo Jang swjang at netlab.snu.ac.kr
Sun Aug 23 23:21:25 PDT 2015

Hello,

We are trying to evaluate our idea on 802.11ac protocol with Atheros qca9880
/ ath10k driver.

We would like to be able to access/know the result of the CCA (clear channel
assessment) operation
or the level of interference on the carrier when we need.

We have dug into the driver files and concluded that the CCA related values
are likely
in the firmware or on the registers of the hardware.

And please correct us if we are thinking wrong.

We would appreciate the help if someone can give us some starting points,
such as the address of the register that stores the carrier sensing values
(CCA values)
or the result of it (whether the carrier is busy or idle), to investigate.

The chipset we are using is compex WLE900VX-7AA.

We are currently using Ubuntu 14.04.03 with kernel version 4.1.5,
but we can use any versions of OS and kernel if they support 802.11ac
bandwidth.

Thank you for help in advance.

Seowoo Jang, Ph.D.
Ubiquitous Network Laboratory