Using host's rate-ctrl in ath10k?

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Tue Sep 23 09:06:06 PDT 2014

On 09/23/2014 12:17 AM, Michal Kazior wrote:
> On 22 September 2014 19:42, Ben Greear <greearb at candelatech.com> wrote:
>> Has anyone looked into what it would take to use standard host OS's
>> rate control (minstrel_ht) with ath10k?
>>
>> I suspect the ath10k rate control logic in the firmware is
>> a bit dodgy, and it would be nice to use something with wider
>> testing such as minstrel_ht...
>
> Correct me if I'm wrong but that would require tx completions to
> include tx retry information and a way to setup tx retries.

Something like that...I have not looked in detail.  It would
require a re-compile of the firmware at least.

I just don't like that we are depending on the firmware for something
something as tricky as rate control, especially when it seems buggy.

But, I don't have time to deal with trying to move it into
the driver now, and certainly not as a patch I would have to
carry forever in my own tree.