[RFC] ath10k: use raw tx

Michal Kazior michal.kazior at tieto.com
Thu Sep 11 03:35:52 PDT 2014

On 29 August 2014 23:45, Ben Greear <greearb at candelatech.com> wrote:
> On 08/22/2014 12:52 AM, Michal Kazior wrote:
>> This is just a reference for anyone interested in
>> getting injection working with ath10k.
>
> Did you try this with encryption?  I can reproduce the crash
> in open mode on my CT firmware, but I couldn't even get
> DHCP to complete with wpa2 enabled.

Hi,

Late reply, sorry.

I've just did a quick test on 10.2 (both AP and STA) with WPA2.
Apparently the raw tx mode requires IV to be set up on host and packet
length (reported in HTT Tx command header) must be re-adjusted
differently, otherwise frames are broken (incorrect FCS, too long,
somewhat encrypted except LLC/SNAP). The best I could get were
FCS-correct undecryptable frames on air. Perhaps someone will figure
that out..

Another way around this would be to perform software crypto for tx
entirely on host.