TR : ath10k: firmware crash in station mode

Tim Harvey tharvey at gateworks.com
Fri May 23 22:49:44 PDT 2014

On Fri, May 23, 2014 at 8:36 AM, Yeoh Chun-Yeow <yeohchunyeow at gmail.com> wrote:
> Based on my testing, due to firmware 636 is not able to support
> standalone monitor mode, and bridge requires promiscuous mode, it
> would crash. Then, I have tested with AP firmware and it works well.
> But then, I have not up the node for long time.
>
> By the way, I am associating the AP before setting "iw dev wlan0 set
> 4addr on" and bridge it.

I am able to reproduce this firmware crash as well very easily. While
you can avoid it by associating first, then setting 4addr, then adding
it to a bridge, any dissassociation/reassociation will trigger the
crash. Additionally its not always convenient to configure things in
that order - using OpenWrt with the interface bridged and wds enabled
will always trigger the crash on association.

Tim