Trouble connecting to broadcom AC APs?

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Thu Mar 20 11:59:06 EDT 2014

On 03/19/2014 11:36 PM, Kalle Valo wrote:
> Ben Greear <greearb at candelatech.com> writes:
>
>> We are seeing various funny things when trying to connect
>> ath10k stations to commercial APs with broadcom AC NICs.
>>
>> It sort of works sometimes, but we often see failure to
>> acquire DHCP lease in a timely manner, etc.
>
> So it's a problem with broadcast frames? With or without encryption? Did
> you try disabling power save?

With and without encryption we see issues.  I am disabling power-save,
but from poking around in firmware, I'm not sure how much affect that
has.

I'm using commands like this to disable it:
./local/sbin/iw dev sta219 set power_save off

>> Similar testing on APs using QCA AC NICs appears to work
>> much better.
>>
>> Our problems could be most anything, including the fact that this
>> testing is done on our modified firmware, but I am curious if anyone
>> else seems any similar issues?
>
> Occasionally I test connecting to D-Link DIR-865L in STA mode. But I
> just do just simple ping tests and with manual IPs.

We'll keep poking at things and see if we can find any
pattern or work around.