Warning message in bridge mode

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Thu Jun 26 07:34:32 PDT 2014

On 06/26/2014 07:17 AM, Vu Hai NGUYEN wrote:
> Hi Ben,
> Can you create a firmware that is the same as 10.1.467-2-1 but include your fix for promiscuous mode?
> I would like to do the test of rate in bridge network to see if the performance is better or not.
> But as your firmware contain other commit that might make the rate slower so I would like to ask you could create
> this version of firmware.

It would not be easy for me to do that.  While you found a single patch that
fixed the crash for you, I believe it is also dependent on many patches that
came before that one as well.

For your throughput tests, are you using UDP or TCP?  You might try TCP in
case you are hitting the same packet-reordering issue reported in another
email thread.

At least for standard operation (ie, no software-crypt), I doubt my
changes to the firmware had any significant impact on performance
or throughput.