After shutdown/restart, ath10k sometimes stops receiving packets

Kalle Valo kvalo at qca.qualcomm.com
Mon Jun 16 02:30:07 PDT 2014

Avery Pennarun <apenwarr at gmail.com> writes:

> On Sun, Jun 15, 2014 at 1:45 AM, Kalle Valo <kvalo at qca.qualcomm.com> wrote:
>> Avery Pennarun <apenwarr at gmail.com> writes:
>>> Someone in our QA group seems to be able to produce it after two or
>>> three test runs with Veriwave.  Before each run, he stops and restarts
>>> hostapd.
>>
>> That's quite often. Was he testing DFS or something else? Maybe this is
>> related to radar detection or channel switching?
>
> He's not using DFS channels.

Good, so we can rule out that.

> This is supposedly just a simple throughput test. (Although I've
> noticed in the past that the Veriwave sometimes produces odd sequences
> of packets.)

Yeah, these kind of test equipments can behave different than normal
802.11 devices. For example, I remember one very expensive test box was
acting as an AP and it just ignored PM bit from the clients. No wonder
the packet loss was high :)

In this case it might that the way Veriwave behaves so which makes it
easy to reproduce the bug. And that's a good thing.

Any chance you could get full trace-cmd logs (ath10k, mac80211, cfg80211
and hostapd) when the bug fails with Veriwave? I'm sure that would get
more hints what's happening.