After shutdown/restart, ath10k sometimes stops receiving packets

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Sun Jun 15 09:13:06 PDT 2014

On 06/14/2014 10:45 PM, Kalle Valo wrote:
> Avery Pennarun <apenwarr at gmail.com> writes:

>>> Do you have any guesses how often this happens? Once a day, once a week?
>>
>> Someone in our QA group seems to be able to produce it after two or
>> three test runs with Veriwave.  Before each run, he stops and restarts
>> hostapd.
>
> That's quite often. Was he testing DFS or something else? Maybe this is
> related to radar detection or channel switching?

For my firmware, I hacked a WMI message to return some register values.

But, can they be read directly through the pci-e bus somehow (on stock firmware)?
It would be great to get a register dump for debugging stuff like this.

Could check the rx-filters and other such registers to see if there is
some pattern involved.