Throughput is very low

Bart Jooris Bart.Jooris at intec.ugent.be
Wed Jul 16 09:01:11 PDT 2014

Dear Mamum,

On 07/09/2014 04:22 PM, Mamun Abu-Tair wrote:
> Dear all,
> I am trying to do throughput test with copmex AC cards Model (WLE900VX 7AA) .,using hostapd running on the server and  one client.
I have some cards with the same label. Hostapd on the server, on the
station we use wpa_supplicant.

> I used Kalle sitting for the hostapd. However, the maximum throughput i can get is around 70Mbit/s which is far away from the throughput achieved by many users (UDP traffic).
In a setup with those cards we can observe a UDP throughput of approx.
640Mbps.

> I have notice that Bit Rate keeps fixed 6 Mb/s . and it dose not responding to any commands to change it.
While running iperf client on the station I can also retrieve the Tx
bitrate of 6Mbps with both iwconfig and 'iw wlanX station dump'. Version
of iw has some impact on the output too, I have version 3.15.  I don't
know a tool which shows the right info on the transmitting node...
But a third node which is configured as a sniffer shows Tx bitrate of
1299.99Mbps :-)

> The machines used:
>   Ubuntu 12.04, Kerenl 3.16 , updated regulatory to cover 80Mhz channels , and the latest  firmware
Our nodes are also running 12.04 but still with the default kernel
3.11.0-15-generic.
dmesg | grep qca98 shows
[    4.594975] ath10k: qca988x hw2.0 (0x4100016c) fw 10.1.467.2-1 api 2
htt 2.1
Further, as Kalle suggested, we installed the ath10k driver from
backports-3.15.1-1.

Best regards,

Bart

--