Anyone have a working hostapd conf file for AC?

Bartosz Markowski bartosz.markowski at tieto.com
Wed Feb 26 01:23:27 EST 2014

On 26 February 2014 01:19, Avery Pennarun <apenwarr at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 2:00 PM, Ben Greear <greearb at candelatech.com> wrote:
>> Does anyone have a working hostapd config file for
>> ath10k?
>
> Here's mine (20/40/80 MHz all supported):
>
> interface=wlan0
> bridge=br0
> ssid=TestWifi
> auth_algs=1
> wpa=2
> wpa_passphrase=1234567890
> wpa_key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
> wpa_pairwise=CCMP
> hw_mode=a
> channel=36
> country_code=US
> ieee80211d=1
> ieee80211h=1
> ieee80211n=1
> ieee80211ac=1
> ht_capab=[HT40+]
> vht_oper_chwidth=1
> # Wifi channel numbers define the center of a 20 MHz
> # channel.  40 MHz channels are defined as one channel plus
> # the next one 4 up.  80 MHz channels go back to defining by
> # center.  If you think about it long enough, you eventually
> # discover that the center is 6 channels up from the base 20
> # MHz channel, although this isn't very intuitive.
> vht_oper_centr_freq_seg0_idx=42

I would suggest to expand the vht capabs in the hostapd config, at least like:
vht_capab=[MAX-MPDU-11454][SHORT-GI-80][MAX-A-MPDU-LEN-EXP0]

MAX-A-MPDU-LEN-EXP0 is translated in hostapd to
VHT_CAP_MAX_A_MPDU_LENGTH_EXPONENT
(I think it should be EXP7 actually there, I was going to send a patch
some time ago for this)

Without this I also got no more than ~200Mbps in ath10k-AP RX.

-Bartosz

--
Bartosz