Anyone have a working hostapd conf file for AC?

Avery Pennarun apenwarr at gmail.com
Tue Feb 25 20:08:32 EST 2014

On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 4:51 PM, Ben Greear <greearb at candelatech.com> wrote:
> On 02/25/2014 04:19 PM, Avery Pennarun wrote:
>> On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 2:00 PM, Ben Greear <greearb at candelatech.com> wrote:
>>> Does anyone have a working hostapd config file for
>>> ath10k?
>>
>> Here's mine (20/40/80 MHz all supported):
>
> Thanks...I managed to get something similar working
> (open authentication in my case).
>
> I also had to update the regulatory.bin, which enabled
> HT80.
>
> But, when using ath10k as AP, with both my firmware and the official
> 10.1.467 firmware, my stations (always ath10k with my hacked firmware) can associate
> but do not receive any DHCP responses.

I've seen some similar symptoms but I'm confused about which symptoms
occurred when, and don't have good reproduction steps yet.  I think
killing hostapd, then unloading/reloading the driver, then restarting
hostapd, generally fixes it.

Of course check the obvious things, like delete any bridge= line from
hostapd.conf, make sure you do 'ip link set wlan0 up', make sure dhcpd
is running on the right device, etc.

You might want to try a static IP configuration and then tcpdump to
see which direction(s) the data is going in.  My experience is it jams
in one direction or the other, but I can't remember which direction.

> When I use my ath10k stations against a Netgear AC AP, then they
> associate and get DHCP and pass traffic to each other...  The reported
> rx encoding rate is never reaches much above 200Mbps, though..seems like
> it would train up higher.

I've done better than 200 Mbps, but haven't attemped to max out the
speeds on my device yet.

Have fun,

Avery