[wireless-regdb] wireless-regdb: Update regulatory rules for Brazil (BR)

Cesar Eduardo Barros cesarb at cesarb.eti.br
Wed Aug 17 17:36:57 PDT 2022

Em 17/08/2022 21:07, Cesar Eduardo Barros escreveu:
> Em 17/08/2022 20:31, Cesar Eduardo Barros escreveu:
>> For range 5925-7125 MHz (article 11.7), there are different rules for
>> APs, clients, and very low power devices. For APs (article 11.7.1),
>> the maximum EIRP is 30 dBm (article 11.7.1.1), and it's INDOOR-ONLY
>> (article 11.7.1.3); for clients of an indoor AP (article 11.7.2), the
>> maximum EIRP is 24 dBm (article 11.7.2.1), and it's INDOOR-ONLY
>> (article 11.7.2.3); for very low power devices (article 11.7.3), the
>> maximum EIRP is 17 dBm (article 11.7.3.1).
>
> Thinking better about it, I might have miscalculated this one. Since the
> smallest channel we use is 20 MHz, and the EIRP power density for
> clients is limited to -1 dBm/MHz (article 11.7.2.2), if I'm doing the
> calculations correctly the limit for clients would be 12 dBm, that is,
>
> (5925 - 7125 @ 320), (12), NO-OUTDOOR
>
> It's unfortunate that we cannot represent that kind of rule in db.txt,
> and are forced to artificially limit the power by 12 dB (the full power
> of 24 dBm I had calculated would work only for 320 MHz).
>
> I would appreciate if you could look over these power density rules,
> especially the ones which are in dBm/MHz instead of mW/MHz, since I
> might have miscalculated something else.

And thinking even more about it, if I'm understanding article 11.7.10
correctly, a client can transmit only when associated to an AP, except
for the negotiation while joining the AP. I believe this corresponds to
NO-IR, so the correct line for that range would be:

(5925 - 7125 @ 320), (12), NO-OUTDOOR, NO-IR

--
Cesar Eduardo Barros
cesarb at cesarb.eti.br