broadcast packet

yfw fengwei.yin at linaro.org
Tue Sep 1 18:10:17 PDT 2015

Hi Thomas,

On 2015年09月01日 21:02, Thomas B. Rücker wrote:
> On 08/31/2015 07:10 AM, yfw wrote:
>> Hi list,
>> I am using Dragon board which is msm8916 based and use wcn3620.
>> And hit an issue with wcn36xx wifi driver:
>>
>> It looks like the driver can't receive broadcast packet. When
>> I tried to using "ping -b 255.255.255.0" from other box and dump
>> the packet received, there is no any broadcast packet reported.
>>
>> I am wondering whether this issue could be reproduced on other
>> platform with wcn36xx driver. If you could help to try it in your
>> devices and let me know the result, that will be great. Thanks
>> in advance.
>
> You'll find, that this is closely related to what I reported in my
> previous mail:
Yes. I am trying to figure the issue out. I got a workable prima driver
and compared the smd cmds between prima driver and mainline driver.

I thought the issue was related with mcast/bcast configuration. But it's
not. If I disabled the Imps and Bmps for prima driver, there is no
mcast/bcast filter disabling/enabling cmds sent and prima driver still
has no such issue.

> The driver does not implement configuration of the various filters that
> the firmware/hardware seems to have, which means it's in an undefined
> default state. This state seems to filter all broadcast and external ARP
> traffic by default, which also breaks most of IPv6.
>
> To get things working you'll have to implement a minimum of
> configuration, probably by sniffing what the original driver does and
> modifying single configuration values.
I did try this. We can't copy all cmds from prima driver to mainline
because they are following different framework (mainline is using
mac80211 while prima driver doesn't).

I tried to fork some cmds (like the config in start and update cfg
cmds) from prima driver, the issue still happen on mainline driver.

So I want to check whether the same issue happen on other platforms
with mainline driver.