[RFC 1/2] Revert "wcn36xx: Pad TIM PVM if needed"

Bob Copeland me at bobcopeland.com
Thu Mar 6 22:17:49 EST 2014

On Thu, Mar 06, 2014 at 05:43:19PM -0800, Jason Mobarak wrote:
> This reverts commit 4e7f5ff0e6e820681fd0f8096a5b43107cf2c9f9.

This would need a better commit log, but let me at least add some
context for others' benefit: I found the patch in question broke
mesh beaconing, i.e.  no beacons at all are sent after the change.

But, mesh is doing some weird things with the TIM offset to
avoid having the firmware update it, so it could be mesh-specific
breakage and perhaps a workaround for mesh vif is needed.

Mesh beacons do have a TIM element, but mesh power save is
different enough from AP mode that I doubt the firmware would
support it properly.

--
Bob Copeland %% www.bobcopeland.com