Automatic resync?

Roman Kagan rkagan at mail.ru
Sat Mar 19 06:17:11 EST 2005

On Wed, Mar 16, 2005 at 11:48:35AM +0000, David Woodhouse wrote:
> If the DSL line goes down, my DSL modem doesn't seem to ever resync.
> Should we be called speedtch_start_synchro() if the line goes down?

This doesn't directly affect cxacru users, because firmware has
parameters to automatically reactivate the line, which is set by
default.

However, given that other modems don't seem to have this feature (AFAICT
from your, Aurelio's and Matthieu's messages), it may make sense to add
line reactivation to usbatm.  And perhaps status polling too.  This will
need sorta .status_poll and .line_start methods to struct usbatm_driver.

> Currently, I can only recover by unplugging the USB cable and
> reconnecting it.

Module reloading should do too.  But automatic reactivation is more
convenient for sure.  BTW is PPP session preserved then?

Roman.