speedtouch on 6Mbps down rate

matthieu castet castet.matthieu at free.fr
Wed Jul 6 16:47:29 EDT 2005

Hi Duncan,

Duncan Sands wrote:
>>somebody test the speedtouch with free degroupe ISP [1].
>>According to [2], the download rate was only about 3Mbps instead of
>>6Mbps. So may be bulk pipe also limit the download rate for speedtouch.
>>I don't know if it produces errors like the sagem modem.
>

> OK, I can reproduce this [1].  The speedtouch 330 goes a bit faster
> than the old green guy, but the freebox manages to go a bit less than
> twice as fast.

You told me that you have a speedtouch with iso pipe. Haven't you try it ?
Adding support for iso pipe should be trivial as everything is done in
usbatm, you only need to put the modem on the right alternative and set
the right endpoint.

Is there atm error like sagem modem or that just the modem that's 'slow' ?

Matthieu