speedtouch on 6Mbps down rate

Duncan Sands duncan.sands at math.u-psud.fr
Wed Jul 6 16:19:09 EDT 2005

> somebody test the speedtouch with free degroupe ISP [1].
> According to [2], the download rate was only about 3Mbps instead of
> 6Mbps. So may be bulk pipe also limit the download rate for speedtouch.
> I don't know if it produces errors like the sagem modem.

OK, I can reproduce this [1].  The speedtouch 330 goes a bit faster
than the old green guy, but the freebox manages to go a bit less than
twice as fast.

Duncan.

[1] It's a bit embarrassing that I didn't notice this, as I'm with
free degroupe.  My only excuse is that free used to have a lower
bitrate (though still quite good), which the speedtouch reached;
looks like they sped it up but I never noticed since the speedtouch
didn't speed up... :(