speedtch speedtch.c,1.44,1.45

Roman Kagan rkagan at mail.ru
Fri Apr 15 04:11:04 EDT 2005

On Thu, Apr 14, 2005 at 07:19:20PM +0200, Duncan Sands wrote:
> Good defaults help (autodetecting them is nice too), but IMHO if an
> option can be useful, it's better to have it.

Well I just thought there might have been some known correspondence
between the info the modem reported about itself and the way the driver
should treat it.  The comments in the driver also suggest that the
usability of the interrupt endpoint for status updates depends on the
revision, so I thought bcdDevice can be used here too.  But I agree it's
always hard to know for sure without specs.

FWIW I at first made cxacru treat the modem as an older revision based
on presence of the user-supplied extra firmware file.  Now that I've got
statistically significant confirmation that the distinction can be made
by the product ID, I've removed this configuration option, and now
associate proper values with the corresponding usb_device_id via
.driver_info.

Cheers,
  Roman.