compat git tree fails to compile on XenServer 6.1 DDK

mr.mark.starikov at gmail.com mr.mark.starikov at gmail.com
Sat Jun 15 01:00:45 EDT 2013

Dear Developers,

I would like to ask for some guidance troubleshooting build of alx driver from
git tree.

Build environment is XenServer 6.1 DDK(based on CentOS 5.6, I think, with
kernel headers and dev tools).

I've attached the results from build - it seems to fail with
...include/linux/compat-2.6.35.h:30: error: redefinition of
‘qdisc_reset_all_tx_gt’

My attempts to skip that section(comment out the check for kernel version that
resets qdisc_reset_all_tx_gt) in header file doesn't get anywhere as it appears
to be copied on every make.

And grep -r search for it didn't reveal anything useful either as it seems to
be grabbed from compat tree(export GIT_TREE value I presume) along with other
headers rather then being implicitly specified.

Commenting it out in the compat git clone has the same result.

(sorry if this doesn't make much sense, I’m really lost when it comes to
kernel/driver development).

At this point I'm not sure how to proceed and any help would be very much
appreciated.

P.S. I can build alx driver on openSUSE 12.3 x64 as described in
https://github.com/erikarn/alx/blob/master/README.md without any issues.

Thanks in advance.

Mark Starikov.