[tslib] 1.13 release cycle starts

Martin Kepplinger martink at posteo.de
Sat Sep 9 01:22:03 PDT 2017

On 2017-08-29 19:35, Martin Kepplinger wrote:
> so 1.12 is released and being pushed out to distributors. The new
> --with-sdl2 configure option (turning ts_calibrate and ts_test_mt into
> SDL2 applications) is merged, which is fun and I'm sure will see updates
> for 1.13. This makes ts_calibrate on the desktop (tslib used via
> xf86-input-tslib) even more convenient.
>
> Other than that and cleaning up input-raw, I think about API additions
> that let the user open / close the input device, i.e. do stuff we now
> need to be root for. Not having to run as root is quite important.

* input-raw cleaned up a bit
* input-raw supports more modern MT-only devices
* ts_open_restricted / ts_close_restricted API added
* galax-raw _disabled_ now by default

1.13-rc1 is out for testing now. The main reason is to see whether
disabling of module_raw galax (only by default) goes well. And I did
changes to the legacy ts_read() call, which I normally want to avoid,
but it should really only enable support for many more devices.

If you can, test 1.13-rc1. It should be safe to use.

thanks

                               martin