Pre-pay phones for skiing

Jes Sorensen jes.sorensen at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 11:32:46 EST 2011

On 01/18/11 17:27, Arnd Bergmann wrote:
> On Tuesday 18 January 2011, Jes Sorensen wrote:
>
>> Anthony and I were just chatting to Anthony about cell phones for the
>> ski trip.
>>
>> I checked with Swisscom and they offer pre-paid phones, with a SIM card
>> and CHF 10 in credit for CHF 49. Normally they charge CHF 40 for the SIM
>> card itself, so it's not a bad deal.
>
> Not sure if Orange works up in the mountains, but CHF 40 still seems a lot.
> Orange has CHF 5 SIM cards with CHF 10 balance included:

> They advertise 'calls to Europe and the USA at the Swiss local rate',
> which probably makes it very interesting to most visitors. They also
> have CHF 9,- phones for the poor folks on Verizon/Sprint.

I don't have good experiences with Orange (it's France Telecom, so one
needs to say no more), but maybe they work there. We should check them
for roaming at least.

Checking the store, it seems Orange's phones are cheaper too - so it
might be a good deal.

Either case, I am happy to run to the store and pick up some boxes once
we know how many who are interested.

Cheers,
Jes