Ski rental

Johannes Berg johannes at sipsolutions.net
Tue Jan 11 07:58:25 EST 2011

Hey,

For those who want to rent skis/boots/helmets: There is a shop in the
building that is part of the skiset chain -- it's "Ski Land" (I'd
appreciate if somebody could double check, but according to my email I
rented there three years ago).

If you go to skiset.com, skiset.co.uk, skiset.de or whatever country,
you can select "France", "Avoriaz", "Ski Land" and it will also say "do
you have a promo code". Enter the code "j2skinewsletter" (without the
quotes) to get 30%, 40% or 45% discount (for performance, discovery or
economy gear respectively) instead of the regular online discount of
25%, 30%, 40%. It also appears to give you a fixed EUR 7 discount on
top.

They'll ask you to pay in advance, but then you can just pick up your
skis when you arrive at the shop and don't have to worry about paying
there.

I think Jes said we had insurance that included even stolen gear, but
I'm willing to pay EUR 13.20 extra for the week to have the shop handle
any loss, theft or breakage, YMMV.

johannes