Flights

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Fri Dec 23 07:01:25 EST 2011

On Thu, 2011-12-22 at 20:01 -0600, Magnus Bruce wrote:
> Not sure about getting there yet (probably arriving in Munich on
> Thursday morning). We'll take the train to Kitzbuhel on either Friday
> or Saturday (there are no direct trains on Fridays and only one on
> Saturday at 15:10). We'll probably stay somewhere close to the Munich
> Hbf.

I was definitely planning to get there Friday night so we can ski on
Saturday. Perhaps we should upgrade our hire car to a 7-seater and you
can come with us?

Hm, actually that seems to triple the price of it. It would cost the
same as getting a second car for the whole week. And there are three in
your party, aren't there?

> Going back, we'll take the train to Munich on Saturday. There is one
> direct train (IC1280) leaving Kitzbuhel Hahnenkahm (it does not stop
> at the 'main' Kitzbuhel Schwarzsee station) at 9:35 and arriving at
> Munich at 11:50. Depending on the timing of our return flight on
> Sunday, we may either stay in town or at the airport - there is one
> hotel right in the middle of the airport that has reasonable rates.

I was thinking of skiing the Saturday morning and heading back to Munich
in the afternoon. Changing trains isn't *that* much of a pain... or
perhaps we should just drive?

--
dwmw2