RSVP: Skigeek 2011

Luis R. Rodriguez mcgrof at gmail.com
Wed Mar 10 14:38:40 EST 2010

On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 9:58 AM, David Woodhouse <dwmw2 at infradead.org> wrote:
> There seemed to be a general feeling in Kitzbühel last week that people
> were not keen on going to North America next year -- although that's a
> self-selected group.
>
> We talked about doing a trip in Europe in January, which could be done
> in addition to the one we've been talking about in Calgary in March.
>
> Can I have a show of hands -- who would be interested in each, and which
> nutters would try to get to both?
>
> Our standard scale for such responses is:
>
>  a) I'll be there; I'll swim there if I have to.
>  b) I'd love to be there and there's a good chance I'll make it
>  c) I've like to go but the chances are 50/50
>  d) I am Werner; I just joined the list to heckle.

Calgary, AB - Canada: b)
Kitzbühel, Austria: c) more like 20% chance for me due to the cost and
vacation time

Colorado, USA: b) (although not listed above)

How long are these ski trips usually?

My vacation time sucks so I might only be able to attend one of these
trips. If the Kitzbühel trip is *the* recommended ski trip, I can plan
accordingly and just hold off time/money for that eventually. More
realistically though a Colorado trip will be easier for me though.

Just curious, how many people do we have on the list from the US? And
specifically on the West Coast? Hm maybe an IRC channel would be good
for this.

  Luis