Rental and Training 2010

Michael K. Johnson johnsonm at danlj.org
Sat Jan 16 19:16:49 EST 2010

On Sat, Jan 16, 2010 at 11:35:37PM +0100, Andreas Gruenbacher wrote:
> This year, who needs skis and poles or skis only?  (What's your skill level:
> beginner, advanced, expert, somewhere in between two levels?)

I'm bringing my own skis/poles, so unless the airline manages to
lose or destroy my skis in transit, I won't need to rent.

> Who would like to take training (and at what skill level, for how many days)?
>
> Training was around €200 per trainer and day last year.  I'll ask Sport Noichl
> about their current prices once I have a rough idea of what we need.  (I also

I might be interested in a day of advanced/expert instruction
including off-piste, particularly if another relatively aggressive
skier would like to share it.  Did anyone take advanced/expert
instruction last year?  If so, did you get good technique advice?

Sometimes the instructors know the best under-skied terrain, so
I'd be hoping for the instruction to be a combination of technique
brush-up and mountain guide.