Logistics

Grant Grundler grundler at parisc-linux.org
Thu Feb 25 21:36:10 EST 2010

On Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 06:49:34PM -0700, Jim Bourne wrote:
>> Jim,
>> I can help with that if you like and would be interested in joining
>> (possibly with family depending on dates.)
>>
>> I've offered to organize this before but failed.
>>
>> Can folks propose some dates they could attend?
>> Ski resorts they'd like to reccomend in Calgary area?
>
> I'd love the help, I live in Calgary so it's pretty easy for me to arrange
> most of the stuff and I know the area.

Over the phone, it's just as easy for me.  I can help by calling
and searching on the internet for deals. I've done this before.

Local knownledge is important to make sure the resort is suitable
for the group (wide range of skier ability: expert to novice) and
the accomodations are in a "good" location (public transit or ideally
ski-in/out).

> I think the first question is, how many resorts in a row can everyone manage
> in a single trip?

Personally, I want to park my stuff someplace and get to know that
location well. But I'm open to moving if folks want that.

One good resort is enough for at least a couple of days.
We can still organize "day trips" to another resort if people are interested.
This is probably also going to give us the best deal on lift tickets
and accomodations.

> I've done a 3 day "weekend" trip with Sunshine, Lake Louise, and Kicking
> Horse resort.  It's only an hour between resorts so really it's easy to do 5
> resorts in 6 days or something.  Lots of different terrain that way too and
> the ski towns are a total blast in March!  You end up not staying in the
> same town more than two nights but if you can manage to book with the same
> hotel chain I think we could get a deal...

thanks
grant