Logistics

Jim Bourne jbourne at hardrock.org
Thu Feb 25 20:49:34 EST 2010

On Thu, 25 Feb 2010, Grant Grundler wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 09:17:15AM -0700, Jim Bourne wrote:
>> I'd be into arranging a Calgary based trip for next year.
>
> Jim,
> I can help with that if you like and would be interested in joining
> (possibly with family depending on dates.)
>
> I've offered to organize this before but failed.
>
> Can folks propose some dates they could attend?
> Ski resorts they'd like to reccomend in Calgary area?

I'd love the help, I live in Calgary so it's pretty easy for me to arrange
most of the stuff and I know the area.

I think the first question is, how many resorts in a row can everyone manage
in a single trip?

I've done a 3 day "weekend" trip with Sunshine, Lake Louise, and Kicking
Horse resort.  It's only an hour between resorts so really it's easy to do 5
resorts in 6 days or something.  Lots of different terrain that way too and
the ski towns are a total blast in March!  You end up not staying in the
same town more than two nights but if you can manage to book with the same
hotel chain I think we could get a deal...

etc

James Bourne                  | Email:            jbourne at hardrock.org
UNIX Systems Administration   | WWW:           http://www.hardrock.org
Custom UNIX Programming       | Linux:  The choice of a GNU generation