Rental And Courses

bgill at austin.rr.com bgill at austin.rr.com
Wed Feb 18 11:51:43 EST 2009

For anyone needing a laugh, here's what I took lessons on (let's be fair, in 1993, the turf had been changed for white turf, so it wasn't *quite* so ridiculous :)

http://mountainsports.tamu.edu/former.htm

They would hose it down with water to make it slippery.  And in my day, there was a huge chain-link fence at the bottom that you'd face-plant into if you couldn't stop.  The angle of the photo is a bit misleading; it's steeper than it looks, and you could actually catch a tiny bit of air on the hump, o the thrill!

Although now it seems to have been vastly improved:

http://mountainsports.tamu.edu/skischool.htm

-Becky