Booking status

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Wed May 7 11:32:59 EDT 2008

On Wed, 2008-05-07 at 17:19 +0200, Lennert Buytenhek wrote:

> > > I'm probably just a single.  Did you say I could paypal the funds
> > > to someone?
> >
> > I believe Jes will accept funds by paypal and pass them on to me --
> > although I think paypal charge him a 3-4% commission.
> >
> > Alternatively, talk to msw/ewt. They're also trying to work out how to
> > send money from the US, and maybe you could do it all in one?
>
> Maybe it's easier if I pay the deposits for the US people with the
> promise of them paying me back when we get there.

You miss the point. I don't care about the money, except that it's the
best way for people to indicate that they're really serious. That's why
I'm asking for it already. I'm using it as the trigger for holding the
rooms -- when Heike is getting full, I'll let her take back any spaces I
don't have deposits for. And only when the number of deposits actually
exceeds the number of spaces I've got booked will I increase the
reservation.

>From that point of view, a (cashless) promise to you is worth precisely
the same as a promise to me :)

Besides, given the way the USD and GBP are tanking, it may well be
better to convert money into Euros as soon as possible. I've already
transferred enough to pay for _all_ of next year's ski trips :)

--
dwmw2