Equipment hire / lessons.

Johannes Berg johannes at sipsolutions.net
Tue Dec 9 05:59:56 EST 2008

On Mon, 2008-12-08 at 19:57 -0600, Becky Bruce wrote:

> Ugh, all day? I was thinking more along the lines of 2-3 hours in the
> morning.

Yeah, that's what they did in Avoriaz, I think it works out pretty well,
but I didn't take group lessons there. Anyone disagree and would prefer
the full day?

> Multiple days in a row of all-day lessons doesn't really
> sound that fun to me.  If we end up doing that, we should at spread
> the lessons out so it's not 2 days in a row.  Or I suppose we could
> sign up for the first day, and wait and see if we feel like we want
> more.  I really have no idea what to expect, so advice from seasoned
> skiiers would be appreciated here.

I don't really know what to recommend, sorry. I'd guess it also depends
on how much sports you do, skiing can be exhausting (though I find it's
less so than (inline) skating), but I don't know how lessons would be.

> As a rank beginner, I'd be willing to pay a bit extra for that.  I
> wonder if we could dictate the schedule a bit more in that scenario?

It actually comes out to about the same price if there are five people,
so that doesn't matter much. Just thought it might be more fun and make
the language thing easier for everyone. I'll ask about being more
flexible with the schedule.

I'll see if I can get them to do mornings only, say 9:30 to 12:00 or so
and then again the next day.

johannes