Equipment hire / lessons.

Becky Bruce bgill at austin.rr.com
Mon Dec 8 20:57:41 EST 2008

On Dec 8, 2008, at 1:49 PM, Johannes Berg wrote:

>>> Just keep replying on the list anyway, I'll arrange things once
>>> we've
>>> figured it out. I expect they'll be somewhat flexible unless we
>>> want to
>>> arrange group lessons on our own, once I know more about the options
>>> than what is listed on the website I'll let you know.
>>
>> I think we got all the answers in, didn't we? Are we ready to call
>> them
>> now?
>
> Yeah, I think so, it's on my list.
>
> I asked how long lessons were since they said "a day" on the homepage,
> and they're doing lessons from 9:30am to 3:30pm, so that's 6 hours
> (well, minus lunch, I suppose). In Avoriaz we just had 2 1/2 hours
> iirc,
> do people really want multiple days of lessons that go all day like
> that?

Ugh, all day? I was thinking more along the lines of 2-3 hours in the
morning. Multiple days in a row of all-day lessons doesn't really
sound that fun to me.  If we end up doing that, we should at spread
the lessons out so it's not 2 days in a row.  Or I suppose we could
sign up for the first day, and wait and see if we feel like we want
more.  I really have no idea what to expect, so advice from seasoned
skiiers would be appreciated here.

> I was also considering asking them if for the beginners group it would
> make sense to hire a private teacher.

As a rank beginner, I'd be willing to pay a bit extra for that.  I
wonder if we could dictate the schedule a bit more in that scenario?

Cheers,