Insurance.

Jes Sorensen jes at sgi.com
Mon Apr 21 10:47:48 EDT 2008

David Woodhouse wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-04-21 at 09:41 -0400, Jes Sorensen wrote:
>> The main reason why we booked the insurance from P&V is that most
>> travel insurances will not cover them dragging you down from the
>> mountain in a helicopter when you do a beautiful stunt jump off the
>> side of the cliff. I don't know how that works for Austria.
>
> Interesting... mine does; I just called them to double-check. What's the
> point of travel insurance covering winter sports if it doesn't cover the
> helicopters?

In a lot of places they have exemptions for 'dangerous sports',
insurance companies these days seem to spend more money on lawyers
limiting the scope of coverage than what they actually pay out. Anyway
for P&V it was so cheap it wasn't worth bothering not to take it.

> I'm not particularly averse to booking group single-trip insurance for
> people who don't have/want their own cover, but it seems a bit wasteful
> just to do it for everyone unconditionally -- hence asking the question.

Lets rely on people getting their own. Given we will be staying in a
smaller place this time too, I guess the theft insurance is less
relevant as well.

Cheers,
Jes