Attention Skigeeks 2008

Jes Sorensen jes at trained-monkey.org
Mon Oct 22 11:17:15 EDT 2007

Hi,

Late as usual, but here it is. I have just gotten off the phone with the
ski resort people and I now have a number of units on hold for our trip.

To recap, the dates will be March 8-15, 2008, in Avoriaz. We are getting
the same apartment types as we had last year, but this time we are
splitting them on a 3 person/apartment basis.

The price per person is as advertised in the previous email - EUR 360
and a full week (6 day) ski pass is EUR 190.

For starters we will need a desposit of 25% of the apartment cost, ie.
25% * EUR 360 == EUR 90.

I need to receive this money by November 7 to be able to guarantee the
apartments! However if you later find you won't be able to make it, you
are totally free to sell your slot to someone else.

We have also tried to factor in a little extra to cover minor additional
expenses (like the EUR 2 or so hotel tax etc) so we hope we won't have
to come back and ask for additional money later. Any money leftover we
will put into the pot for a group dinner one of the evenings.

For those of you sending money from far away, if you fancy sending the
full amount in one go, you are welcome to do so. Otherwise just EUR 90
will do for now. If you want a ski pass too, you can add that to full
payment when you send it over.

Payments can be made to my French bank account or to paypal - however if
you pay via paypal the money comes from a credit card, you need to add
3.6% to cover the service fees paypal will charge me on the receiving
side! (Emacs' Calc mode tells me that means you have to send EUR 93.24).

Account information is as follows:

IBAN:         FR76 1027 8073 6300 0201 8956 066
BIC (SWIFT):  CMCIFR2A
Account info: Jes Sorensen
              5 Hameau des Chenes
              01710 Thoiry
              France
Bank info:    Credit Mutuel Saint Genis Ferney
              19 Rue de Geneve
              01630 St Genis Pouilly
              France

PayPal:       Jes.Sorensen at gmail.com

If you have any questions or comments, please speak up. Anybody who
sends me lots of money will be very popular :-)

Hope to see you all there! Reservations are on a first to pay the
deposit basis - bring yourself, your partner, your dog, your fellow
hacker friends!

Cheers,
Jes